Bell Mirror & Glass, Inc.
1702 S. Seneca Street, Wichita, KS 67213
This week's Fun Friday post falls on a day celebrated by sweethearts across the country. In honor of Valentine's Day, we've gathered some facts about love and marriage you may not have known. Check out the following:
- Valentine's s Day is the second most popular greeting-card-giving occasion. 141 million card are exchanged each year, not including those children give during classroom exchange.
- There are 904 dating service establishments in America as of 2002. Nearly 4,300 people are employed by the services which pull in $489 million in revenues.
- 2.2 million marriages take place in the U.S. each year. That equates to more than 6,000 per day.
- $448 million is spent on candy a week prior to February 14th.
- 58 million pounds of chocolate are bought during Valentine's Day week.
- 36 million heart-shaped chocolate boxes are sold.
- On average, men will spend $150 dollars on a gift for their sweetheart. Women spend an average of $74 on their significant other.
- Americans spend 8.6 million dollars on sparkling wine on Valentine's Day, making it the bubbliest occasion after New Year's Eve, Christmas and Thanksgiving.
Bell Mirror and Glass wish everyone a very happy Valentine's day. Our technicians are trained to provide glass and mirror services for commercial and residential customers. Contact us to learn more about our offerings. Don't forget to Like us on Facebook and FOLLOW us on Twitter for more home improvement tips.