Bell Mirror & Glass, Inc.
1702 S. Seneca Street, Wichita, KS 67213
Keeping the windows in your home clean can be a frustrating task. It seems that the minute you're done cleaning the glass, streaks appear. We've got the solution.. These tips with help you keep your windows shining and crystal clear.
- Use a squeegee with a soft rubber edge. Prevent streaks from appearing by using a squeegee. Starting on dry glass is essential to the process being effective. Also, avoid washing the windows in direct sunlight. The sun will dry the glass quicker, making it more likely to streak.
- Antiseptic spray will eliminate dust from blinds. Avoid dust accumulation by spraying the antistatic spray on the blinds immediately after cleaning them.
- Bleach-detergent solution fights mildew on the window frames. combine 2 ounces of household bleach with 1 ounce of laundry detergent and a quart of water. The sponge the solution onto the mildew areas using rubber gloves.
- Dust shades regularly with a soft cloth or rag to avoid filthy shades.
- If your windows seem to get dirty fast, try changing your cooling and heating system's filter. Furnace and air conditioner filters trap dust, pollen, and dander inside the appliance. Cleaning the filter is essential.
- Secondhand smoke affects windows. Remove nicotine film from windows by washing it with ammonia solution. Mix 1 cup of lemon scented ammonia with 2 1/2 gallons of water. Ammonia will cut through the grime and the lemon scent will keep your home smelling clean and fresh.
- Screens are often neglected but can give the impression your windows are dirtier than they actually are. Remove the screen and wash outside. Use a soft-bristle brush to scrub both sides. Rinse with a hose and dry thoroughly.
Bell Mirror and Glass can help keep your home looking fabulous. We offer custom shaped mirrors in a variety of colors. Our craftsmen are skilled in all areas of mirror creation and are trained to provide services for commercial and residential customers. Contact us to learn more about our services. Don't forget to Like us on Facebook and FOLLOW us on Twitter for more home improvement tips and glass cleaning solutions.