Bell Mirror & Glass, Inc.
1702 S. Seneca Street, Wichita, KS 67213
- The month of March is named after the Roman god of war, Mars. The Roman battle season began in the spring.
- In Old English, March was called Hlyda or Lide meaning "loud". This was in reference to the loud March winds.
- March used to be the first month of the year. In 1752 we switched to Gregorian calendar and thus begin the year on January 1st.
- March has more than one birthstone: Bloodstone and Aquamarine.
- The first three days of March are considered unlucky if rain falls during that time.
- The violet is the flower for March.
- March starts on the same day of the week as November every year.